Thursday, April 3, 2014

36 weeks! :) BPP and appointment update.

36 weeks pregnant today!  4 weeks until my due date!  :)

This past week has been a bit hectic.  Long story short, I developed a horrible migraine which caused my blood pressure to go up.  I went into labor and delivery triage twice at the direction of my doctors.  I was tested for preeclampsia and meningitis, and everything came back clear!  After medication for the migraine and some much needed sleep, I am doing quite a bit better!

Today we went in for Elise's weekly monitoring.  We had a biophysical profile (BPP), which I explained in my last post.  She passed with a score of 8 out of 8!  We got to see her practice breathing and moving around.  My amniotic fluid was still on the high end, but in the normal range, so that was good.  No new pictures this week though! 

At the appointment afterwards, we just talked with the doctor and confirmed that since she did well, we do not want to induce labor this week.  Our next appointment will be a week from tomorrow.  I'm sure Elise will stay nice and cuddly in my tummy until then!

The kiddos are doing well.  Ainsley has been a momma's girl lately (she is ALWAYS a daddy's girl, so I'm eating this up while I can!).  Isaac is still talking to Elise every day.  He said earlier this week that she was going to be born in 3 days (which would be today), but I think his guess will be a little off  :).  As I get bigger and end-of-pregnancy uncomfortable (so happy to be blessed enough to get to this point!), Isaac says the boy in his tummy is also getting big and kicking him and making him uncomfortable.  He cracks me up.

We have been overwhelmingly blessed with support lately.  We have an awesome neighbor who has been dropping everything to come over and watch our kids throughout our crazy week of being in and out of the hospital.  We have received 20 freezer meals and some extra breads/muffins prepared by my coworkers to help feed us after Elise is born.  We have also received packages from Prenatal Partners for Life and Gemma's Bears -Hope for Trisomy 13 and 18 with lovey blankets for Elise!  I don't know who submitted our name for those organizations, but thank you very much!  We have also received a Jack Pack in the mail.  This is a package of information and resources as well as a book put together by another mommy in memory of her son who had Trisomy 13.  It includes memory making ideas and lists of books to help both parents and children going through a poor prenatal diagnosis.  The book is On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman.  It's a very sweet book that we plan to read to Elise after she's born.  We have also received other items for Elise such as hand-made blankets that we can't wait to wrap her up in.

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone!  Your kind words, thoughts, prayers, offers for help, and gifts are all very much appreciated. 






"Be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." -Ephesians 3.19





No comments:

Post a Comment